Tuesday 10 April 2012

Come down my love...by Rumi

Come down my love
abandon your adventurous flight
it's high time for a happy life


Come into my house
throw out my old belongings
burn me again with your love

I know for sure
even if you burn the entire house
your love will build me a new paradise

You empowered the drops of water
to shine like diamonds
you blew life into a piece of clay

You gave a lowly fly
the same wings as an eagle
the aspiration of the sky

There was a blind sage in our town
a healer took mercy on him with medicine
to set his eyes open to the light

The sage refused and replied
if you could only see the light i see
you'd pluck out both of your eyes..!

~ Rumi
(Come into my house)
Ode (Ghazal) 2512
Translated by Nader Khalili
"Rumi, Fountain of Fire"
Burning Gate Press, Los Angeles, 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment