Saturday 20 August 2016

I KNOW I WAS THE WATER.....By Hafiz

"Who can believe the divine kindness of God?
Who can comprehend what happens when
Separation ends?
For now,
Because of my union with Reality,
Now,
Whenever I hear a story of one of His prophets
Having come into this world,
I know I was a tree that stood near,
Leaned down and took notes.
I know I was the earth that measured the infinite
Arch in His feet.
I know I was the water,
I know I was the food and water that nourished Him -
That went into our Beloved's mouth.
Pilgrim,
If it is in your wish, you will someday see
You sat inside of Hafiz
And it was with the lyre you gave me
We sang of truth and the sublime intimacy:
'I know I was the water
That quenched the Christ's thirst.
I know I Am the food and water that goes
Into every
Mouth.'"
(Hafiz. "The Gift: Poems by Hafiz - the Great Sufi Master".
Daniel Ladinsky.


No comments:

Post a Comment