Sunday 22 July 2012

Love has nothing to do with the five senses and the six directions...by Rumi

Love has nothing to do 
with the five senses and the six directions

Its goal is only to experience 
the attraction exerted by the Beloved. 

Afterwards, perhaps,
permission will come from God

The secrets that ought to be told will be told
with an eloquence nearer to the understanding
than these subtle confusing allusions.

The secret is partner with none
but the knower of the secret:
in the skeptic's ear the secret is no secret at all.

~ Rumi
Mathnawi VI:5-8
Version by Camille and Kabir Helminski
"Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance"
Threshold Books, 1996

1 comment:

  1. I am in Love with Love
    And Love is in love with me.

    My body is in Love with the soul
    And the soul is in Love with my body.

    I opened my arms to Love
    And Love embraced me like a lover.

    ♥ Our beloved Rumi

    ´*¨`*•♥~Te amo

    ReplyDelete