Sunday 1 July 2012

The Ruler of all hearts is waiting for a heart filled with light and goodness’ ~ Rumi

If a wealthy person brings 
a hundred sacks of gold,

God will only say,
“Bring the Heart, you who are bent double.

If the Heart is pleased with you, I am pleased;
and if the Heart is opposed to you, I am opposed.

I didn’t pay attention to “you”; I look to the Heart:
bring it, poor soul, as a gift to My door!

Its relation to you is also mine:
Paradise is at the feet of the mothers“.

The heart is the mother and father
and origin of all creatures:
the one who knows the heart from the skin is blessed.

You will say, “Look, I have brought a heart to You”.
God will respond,
“The world is full of these hearts.
Bring the heart that is the axis of the world
and the soul of the soul of the soul of Adam”.

The Ruler of all hearts is waiting for a heart
filled with light and goodness’

~ Rumi
Mathnawi V.881-888
The Rumi Collection
By Jelaluddin Rumi,
Kabir Helminski, Andrew Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment