Friday 27 January 2012

Devoid of self I traveled to a place There, in the absence of I, joy filled my heart...by Rumi

Devoid of self I traveled to a place
There, in the absence of I, joy filled my heart.

Without I, his obscured face, like the moon
Came forth and kissed my cheek.

In longing for my love I perished
And from that longing, birth was given to me.

I am eternally drunk, without wine.
My joy is endless, without I.

Do not remember me, ever.
For I am memory itself, without I.

I am ecstatic without myself, so I say
O me, may you always be without I.

All the doors were shut to me, and
All opened when he let me in, without I.

Me, I am the one, free of good and evil,
Free from obedience and corruption, without I...

~ Rumi
Devoid of self
Translated from Farsi by Annati

1 comment:

  1. one of my favourite pictures :) I used it on my wallpaper 2-3 years ago <3

    ReplyDelete