Thursday 26 May 2011

Lost in myself...! by Attar

Lost in myself
I reappeared..

I know not where
a drop that rose
from the sea and fell
and dissolved again;

a shadow
that stretched itself out
at dawn,
when the sun
reached noon
I disappeared.

I have no news
of my coming
or passing away--
the whole thing
happened quicker
than a breath;

ask no questions
of the moth.
In the candle flame
of his face
I have forgotten
all the answers.

In the way of love
there must be knowledge
and ignorance
so I have become
both a dullard
and a sage;

one must be
an eye and yet
not see
so I am blind
and yet I still
perceive,

Dust
be on my head
if I can say
where I
in bewilderment
have wandered:

Attar
watched his heart
transcend both worlds
and under its shadow
now is gone mad
with love.

~ Attar

No comments:

Post a Comment