Sunday 1 May 2011

A Table Set For Two.........!by...L. Carling

Candles flicker softly on a table set for two,
There's no one on the earth tonight except for me and you.

A nice romantic dinner and a bottle of chilled wine,
And we are here together in a moment stopped in time.

A love so few have ever known and this is its birth night,
Alone within our little world, you and I and candlelight.

So soon we will set free the feelings that we want to share.
And I am held here spellbound by your laughter in the air.

Thoughts of love like falling leaves,
Swirling in the autumn breeze,

Flow in our minds and in our eyes,
A tender look and longing sighs,

We touch and as the fire starts,
That we have kindled in our hearts,

We kiss and hear the angels sing,
As heavens gift to me you bring,

No more to live my life alone,
And in your soul I found my home,

At peace within your loving arms,
Captivated by your charms,

And happily I'd die for you,
Here at this table set for two.

~  L. Carling 

No comments:

Post a Comment