Tuesday 25 September 2012

Because you are not with me....by Kabir

"My body and my mind are in depression
because you are not with me.
How much I love you and want you in my house!

When I hear people describe me as your bride
I look sideways ashamed,
because I know that far inside us
we have never met.

Then what is this love of mine?

I don’t really care about food,
I don’t really care about sleep
I am restless indoors and outdoors.

The bride wants her lover
as much as a thirsty man wants water.

And how will I find someone
who will take a message to the Guest from me?

How restless Kabir is all the time!
How much he wants to see the Guest!"

~ KABIR
The Songs of Kabir, tr. by Rabindranath Tagore
( What is this Love of mine?)

1 comment:

  1. My heart charmed resonates
    For the dust of hope and magic
    Of the universe that everyone longs to have
    I am going to love you for all life
    Come along with me and
    Hold my hand

    ReplyDelete