Tuesday 28 June 2011

You are the Essence of the Essence...by Rumi

In the orchard and rose garden
I long to see your face.
In the taste of Sweetness
I long to kiss your lips.
In the shadows of passion
I long for your love.

Oh ! Supreme Lover !
Let me leave aside my worries.
The flowers are blooming
with the exultation of your Spirit.

By Beloved !
I long to escape the prison of my ego
and lose myself
in the mountains and the desert.

These sad and lonely people tire me.
I long to revel in the drunken frenzy of your love
and feel the strength of Rustam in my hands.

I'm sick of mortal kings
I long to see your light
With lamps in hand
The sheiks and mullahs roam
The dark alleys of these towns
not finding what they seek.

You are the Essence of the Essence,
The intoxication of Love.
I long to sing your praises
but stand mute
with the agony of wishing in my heart .

~ Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment