Wednesday 29 June 2011

You are forever my shining sun.....by Rumi

How long should i bear
this distressed life
because of hopes and fears

Give me some wine
rescue me for a while
from these hopes and fears

Hand me that cup
that flaming cup
the one that burns away

All those piled up thoughts
filling my brain
with hopes and fears

Pour into my throat
whatever has been
my share of life

Don't make me wait forever
like a knocker on a door
with hopes and fears

Give me a sip
of that water of life
to attain my inner spectrum

These moments i feel
i've lost all my colors
because of hopes and fears

Give me that fiery water
the one that even
the elixir wishes for

I crave forever more
the promised paradise
with hopes and fears

You are forever
my shining sun and
i am like this poem
restless with hopes and fears..!

~ Rumi
-- Ghazal 876
Translation by Nader Khalili
"Rumi, Fountain of Fire"
Cal-Earth Press, 1995



Art by Laura Palick

No comments:

Post a Comment