Saturday 17 December 2011

The day I’ve died....by Rumi

Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi died on December 17, 1273. Men of five faiths followed his bier.
That night was named Seb - i Arus (Night of Union).

Ever since, the Mawlawi dervishes have kept that date as a festival in His Tomb 
( Konya , Turkey ) 

♥♥ (30 September 1207 – 17 December 1273) ♥ 3
♥ ♥ (17 December 1273 - 17th December 2011)
♥ ♥ 738th Seb - i Arus ♥♥

The day I’ve died, my pall is moving on
But do not think my heart is still on earth!

Don’t weep and pity me: "Oh woe, how awful!"
You fall in devil’s snare - woe, that is awful!

Don’t cry "Woe, parted!" at my burial
For me this is the time of joyful meeting !

Don’t say "Farewell!" when I’m put in the grave
A curtain is it for eternal bliss.

You saw "descending" - now look at the rising!
Is setting dangerous for sun and moon?

To you it looks like setting, but it’s rising;
The coffin seems a jail, yet it means freedom.

Which seed fell in the earth that did not grow there?
Why do you doubt the fate of human seed?

What bucket came not filled from out the cistern?
Why should the Yusaf "Soul" then fear this well?

Close here your mouth and open it on that side.
So that your hymns may sound in Where- no-place!

~ Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment