Tuesday 19 April 2011

I remain to suffer love alone...........! by Farid Ud-Din Attar (ra)

"Where is there time enough to tell my grief?

Where is the patience to regain belief?

Where is the luck to waken me, or move?

Love's idol to reciprocate my love?

Where is the reason that could rescue me,

Or by some trick prove my auxiliary?

Where is the hand to pour dust on my head,

Or lift me from the dust where I lie dead? .

Where is the foot that seeks the longed-for place?

Where is the eye to show me that fair face?

Where is the loved one to relieve my pain?

Where is the guide to help me turn again?

Where is the mind to counsel calm restraint?

The loved one, reason, patience - all are gone

And I remain to suffer love alone."


~Conference of the birds~ Farid Ud-Din Attar (ra) 

No comments:

Post a Comment