Thursday 28 April 2011

In the sea of love....! by Rumi

‘In the sea of love, I melt like salt, 
Faith, Doubt – they both dissolve.

A star is opening in my heart, The worlds turn in it.
With one silent laugh you tilted the night
And the garden ran with stars.

You burned away my last illusion, The world and I died together
I woke a ghost smiling among ghosts, Unreal and gentle in a world of You.

I thought the world real until you laughed, Walls fell, then reared again
Transparent now, soft dancing fans, You shut and open, when you want

So often I put up my hands, To shield my eyes from you
Wild hilarious miracle! 
Your Light shines through my bones.
Sometimes in all this talk I find a word, 
With your mark on it
In the blood of love. And the worlds go quiet.

Each being is your gold, walking, Love, the eyes that see the gold.
Last night I touched your beauty, Woke an alchemist.

We were green; we ripened and grew golden. 
The sea terrified us; we learned how to drown.
Squat and earthbound, we unfolded huge wings. 
We started sober; are Loves drunkards.

I watch you dancing in all my actions, 
Without using eyes, I spy you at play
My old eyes wore thin, 
I threw them away, Vision grew in their sockets like grass.

I know nothing; pass away; only you live on, 
Passing my moods like masks before your face
Dancing through my skull your wordless secret, 
Rattling its jewel in this bowl of bone.

The truth so simple, The mind explodes
To meet itself, Running back in all things.’

~ Rumi

2 comments: