Thursday 15 December 2011

I am the minstrel of eternal love..by Rumi

I am
the minstrel of
eternal love
and will play
the song of happiness

When my soul
hears music
and changes to softness
i'll break open
the wine jar's seal

I am in love
with the temple of fire
because i was born
as the Beloved


I am in love
with soul and
wisdom
i am the enemy
of false images

The spring is arriving
it is high time
for action
for the sun and Aries
to get together...

My blood is boiling
my heart is on fire and
the winter snow
is melting away
from my body

Someone's love
is knocking me out
and pulling me
after itself
very forcefully

Though i am
in this
hell and fire
i'm filled with
honey and nectar

Though i am
condemned to take
this journey
i'm filled with
the sweetness of going home

Now the time has come
my sweetheart
kindly express
what my tongue
can never describe

~ Rumi,
Ghazal 1395
Translated by Nader Khalili

"Rumi, Fountain of Fire" 
Burning Gate Press, Los Angeles, 1994. 

No comments:

Post a Comment