Wednesday 7 December 2011

Surrender to the will of my Beloved...by Rumi

One day I feel confused and down,
the next I can reach the sky
without you I am never calm.

In your absence people ridicule me,
but when you come
I don't mind what they think or say.

I refuse to feast 
or be merry without my Beloved.

However he appears, I will follow.
If he comes as a cup-bearer, I'll become one too
if he comes as an ascetic, I'll become a pious pilgrim.

If he pretends to be a madman, I'll become a perfect fool
if he tries to escape, I will become a mighty hunter.

Yet when I complain about my sleepless nights
he mocks me and says I do not pray enough,
when I ask him for a favor he sends me off.

What am I to do but surrender
to the will of my Beloved

~ Rumi 
(Surrender to the will of my Beloved)

No comments:

Post a Comment