Friday 29 July 2011

Come to my house late at night Do not be shy....by Hafiz

Come to my house late at night
Do not be shy.
Hafiz will be barefoot and dancing.

I will be
In such a grand and generous mood!

Come to my door at any hour,
Even if your eyes
Are frightened by my light
My heart and arms are open
And need no rest
They will always welcome you.

Come in, my dear,
From that harsh world
That has rained elements of stone
Upon your tender face.

Every soul
Should receive a toast from us
For Bravery!

Bring all the bottles of wine you own
To this divine table―the earth
We share.

If your cellar is empty,
This whole Universe
Could drink forever
From mine!

Let’s dine tonight with exquisite music.
I might even hire angels
To play―just for you.

Look!
Hidden beneath your feet
Is a Luminous Stage
Where we are meant to rehearse
Our Eternal Dance!

And what is the price
of my Divine Instructions?
What could I ask of you?

All I could ever want
Is that
You have the priceless company
Of Someone
Who can Kiss God,

That you have the priceless gift
Of becoming a servant to the Friend!

Come to my window, dear world
Why ever be shy?

Look inside my playful Verse,
For Hafiz is Barefoot and Dancing
And in such a Grand and Generous
In such a Fantastic Mood.

~ Hafiz

No comments:

Post a Comment